٢٠٠٨١١٠٦

The purpose of this website is warn anyone who wishes to invest money in Property Hotspots Worldwide is NOT to. I have experienced it and would NOT want anyone else to go through the same.

Unfortunately, I had the experience of dealing with Alison and Andrew (Andy) Harris at Regency Towers, Hurghada, Egypt where they were close to completing (so I thought at the time) a small development of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.

Having inspected the apartment, we were told by Alison that we could have certain extras in the apartment and change the specification free of charge, (I,e. put a balustrade outside the apartment and change the position of an external door). We came back to the UK and paid a deposit of £2,050.

We then dealt with a director of their UK company called Mike, who left after a short while and were told by Alison that he had been sacked for using drugs and was drinking on the job(great combination in business!) and began dealing with Andy. That's when it all went wrong. Andy told us point blank everything Alison had told us we could have we couldn't and that Alison had never said that - A complete lie.

Although not happy about the situation, we felt it worth progressing as we had already paid the deposit. How wrong were we.

The solicitor who was recommended to us by Property Hotspots's estate agents who sold me the apartment, Philip Morris, we subsequently found out was particularly friendly with Andy Harris and a contract was sent to us to sign without having seen it. Who would sign a contract that had never been seen or amended and my solicitor didn't have any amendments or comments about the contract which we found very strange!! Andy was not happy that we would not sign the contract without having read it!

We agreed certain additional works in the apartment which I would have to pay an additional amount (housing the boiler/wardrobe/bathroom cabinet) and this specification was attached to the contract as part of the contract so the works had to be completed before we could complete.

We exchanged contracts and then the rude abrupt emails started from Andy Harris saying he wanted to complete. He sent a few photographs of the apartment which showed the specification we had agreed and annexed to the contract had not been completed so we said we would not part with the rest of the money until they had.

All Andy Harris could say was "It's got a 2 year warranty for any works so they will be done - I want your money its with your solicitor".

After lots (and I mean lots) of emails to my solicitor who hardly responded to any of my emails and to Andy Harris he confirmed he would keep 30% of the purchase price of the apartment (which was correct) if I didn't complete within 30 days of his alleged notice. I said I wouldn't complete as the works had not been finished in accordance with the contract and therefore no valid notice was ever served. As I pointed out to him, it would be like paying for a house with a conservatory and no conservatory being built but the developer wanting their money and then saying to you it would be done within 2 years. You just wouldn't complete!

Philip Harris said that he didn't think that Andy Harris had ever served a notice or it could be described loosely as a notice (it either is or isn't a notice in my opinion). I said I would not complete as the apartment had not been finished and the works completed in accordance with the contract.

I was extremely concerned about the money I had already paid (circa £32,000) and therefore took the decision to complete the purchase of the apartment by paying the rest of the money (£9,500) as it would be better having a flat which I would at least sell straight away rather than lose 30% of money (circa £12,500).
I sent Andy a number of emails confirming I would complete but all of these were ignored by him and therefore he knows he'sdoing wrong as he recently suggested that he would use my money he was holding as a deposit for another flat (6 months later) if I bought another flat in a different development. Why would I want to do that and give him the opportunity to keep even more of my money?
He would not let me complete my apartment although I didn't want to as it wasn't finished and would keep the money I had paid. He then said as I hadn't completed he'd keep my deposit and that's exactly what he has done although he knows he's in the wrong.

I have sent him numerous emails trying to resolve this matter but he is not interested as he's got my money and he's still got his apartment. Which no doubt he's probably sold to someone else.

I have lots and lots of proof but I have been told by another UK solicitor that I would need a solicitor in Egypt to review and act on my behalf and it would be very hard to get any money back. I would in all likelihood be throwing good money after bad.

I've looked on the web and found various articles relating to Property Hotspots Worldwide and how they conduct themselves and how they like to do business for themselves.

See for yourself what they are like

Corruption
Violence against Egyptians
Trying to sell properties twice
Letting properties and not paying the owners money


http://propertyhotspotshurghadaegypt.blogspot.com/

It does not make pleasant reading and it would appear that they have caused a lot of problems in Egypt and in England before they left.

Alison and Andy Harris will offer you what ever you want to want to hear as long as you pay them your money but will not deliver what you agreed. A contract is there as proof and is a legally binding document between parties but I don't quite think Andy Harris and Property Hotspots think this is the case, as they are in Egypt and seem to do exactly what they want to do in flagrant disregard of both the law and what was agreed.

This is my story in brief.

If you have experienced any problems please click on the link to email me.

regards